Thursday, May 29, 2014

Release Date!!

It has happened!  Stephanie, my publisher at Astraea Press, told me that my first book will be released on July 29th!!! I am excited....and ill!  LOL  It is coming closer...the beginning of this journey as an author.  Writing is the major part of it all and I have been doing that for the last three years.  The other part of writing is the part where you must be a social media expert.  I am a novice at that and I will make some mistakes along the way...I am told everyone does.
One huge step I took today....inviting people to join my street team.  My street team will be a special group and already, based on those who immediately stepped up and volunteered...they are special.  The street team is charged with getting the word out about my books.  Since the first book will be digital, they spread the word throughout their friend networks....via facebook, twitter, instagram, phone calls, emails, you name it.  They ask all their friends to do the same and spread the word through their contacts, etc.  It is a domino effect.  If I have a paperback or hardback book come out....then they would add dropping into the local B & N or bookstore or library and asking them to please carry my books!
In return, my street team gets to know about my latest books before anyone else...they get to read excerpts ahead of everyone else....plus there will be swag bags and giveaways along the way.  So it's good to be a part of my street team!!
When I have my cover art...I will unveil it here on my blog first.  Please follow my website if you haven't already and do make comments here if you feel so moved. www.debraholtbooks.com
Facebook page....www.facebook.com/debraholtbooks

1 comment: